Tuesday 6 July 2010

Welcome!

Hello and welcome to my brand new blog exploring the modelling and burlesque scene. My name is Violet Magenta and I am an alternative model and burlesque performer based in the north-east of England. As a model, I am constantly putting photographs online, or fans are seeing me performing onstage, and yet I feel that I never really have a voice. Having studied Creative Writing, I began to realise that the writing world and the modelling world seem almost to be polar opposites - a voice with no image, or an image with no voice. It is for this reason that the Violet Magenta blog was born.

Models and perfomers are essentially artists, and I believe that sometimes the explanation, or the artist's own interpretation, of that art are equally as important as the image itself. The best analogy for me is a musical one; when you hear your favourite song, but you want to know what it means to the songwriter. Therefore, I plan to use this little corner of the web to discuss my own shoots and performances and the meanings behind the art.

However, I also want to take the time to discuss modelling and burlesque more broadly as well. In the north of England, there is a strong and thriving burlesque scene, and I hope to produce reviews, ideas and discussions.

Overall, I want this to be a place where you can get inside the head of the sort of artist who doesn't usually have as much of a voice, or atleast not as publically. And so, I welcome you to my little world.

No comments:

Post a Comment